Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Deepest Longing

I've come so far
But I'm still not far enough
I need to know you more
I need you with me always
I've run so far, I'm lost in you
But I'm still not lost enough

I'm not enough like you
We still don't see eye to eye
I can't even look you in the eye
I'm still clinging to your feet
Naked and ashamed before you
When can I be clothed in white?

When can I take your hand and walk?
I want to be completely free
One heart and mind with you
This is my deepest longing
I can hear you all around me
But I don't always listen
Still deaf to your cries
Begging me to look to you

I will always look to you
Forever I will love you, Lord
But I can't love you enough
I can never do enough to deserve you
But I can still do more
Make me holier, more pure
So that I may be found worthy
To look upon your face

No comments:

Post a Comment